Car Accident Claims Glasgow
Car Accident Claims Glasgow – With our no win no fee policy, you start a free car accident personal injury claim in Glasgow. Call us today for a free consultation.
Why Choose Us for Making Car Accident Claims in Glasgow?
Glasgow-based: Rooted in Glasgow, we possess a keen understanding of the city’s traffic nuances. This deep local insight, combined with our legal expertise, gives us an edge when handling car accident claims specific to Glasgow.
Experienced Team: Our Panel includes seasoned Personal Injury Solicitors Glasgow who have handled countless car accident claims. Their vast experience ensures that every case is approached with precision, dedication, and a wealth of knowledge.
Client-Centric Approach: At Wallace Legal, individuals seeking claims aren’t just clients; they are our primary focus. We recognise the emotional and physical turmoil a car accident can cause, and we are dedicated to supporting you at every step, ensuring a smooth claims process.
Transparent Process: We believe in maintaining open and honest communication. From the moment you reach out to us until the final resolution, we keep you informed, ensuring you are never in the dark about the progress of your claim.
No Hidden Costs: With our straightforward approach, you can be assured there are no hidden charges. Our fee structure is transparent, allowing you to make informed decisions without any surprises.
In a bustling city like Glasgow, car accidents can be unsettling. However, with us at your side, the journey to securing rightful compensation becomes clearer and more manageable.
Lexie MurrayAmazing service from Wallace Legal, thank you for helping me and my family with our accident, you're the best!
John RobertGreat Service and friendly staff. Thank you all for your service and providing me with my Courtesy vehicle .
I was involved in an accident involving my Audi Q7, quick search on google and Wallace Legal came up first, gave them a call after calling my insurance company, answered straight away no waiting around, very professional and informed, reassuring me , and most of all delivered exactly what they said they would. Received a like for like replacement Range Rover within 12 hours! That's my next car now. Received my beloved Q7 looking brand new within 2 weeks, polished, valeted and repaired, no excess to pay, and they settled my personal injury claim as well all within 5 months, that also included private physio, cant thank you guys enough. These guys actually care!! and will always be there when you need them. For sure I will be recommending you to all friends and family!Sarah McNulty
How To Make A Claim After A Car Accident In Glasgow?
Here is a step-by-step method of how to make a claim after a car accident in Glasgow.
- Stay Calm and Ensure Safety First: After an accident, staying calm is essential. Before thinking about any claims, make sure everyone involved is safe. If there are injuries, call for medical assistance immediately.
- Gather Evidence: Using a smartphone or camera, take photos of the scene, the vehicles involved, any property damage, and any injuries. These photos can be crucial when making your claim.
- Obtain Details: Write down the names, addresses, and contact details of all parties involved, including any witnesses. Don’t forget to collect the insurance details of the other driver(s) too.
- Notify the Police: For significant damages or injuries, it’s essential to report the accident to the police. They will provide a reference number, which can be handy for your claim process.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you feel fine, seeing a doctor is a good idea. Some injuries might not be immediately apparent; a medical report can strengthen your claim.
- Document Everything: Record everything related to the accident: medical bills, repair costs, missed work days, etc. This will make the process of Personal Injury Claims Car Accident Glasgow smoother.
- Notify Your Insurance: Before making a claim, notify your insurance company about the accident. They will guide you on the steps specific to their policy.
- Consult a Glasgow-based Solicitor: Consider seeking advice from personal injury lawyers who specialise in car accident claims in Glasgow. They will be familiar with local laws and can help ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Start the Claim Process: Submit your claim to the at fault party’s insurance company. If both parties are at fault, the process might be different. Always follow your solicitor’s advice.
- Stay Patient and Persistent: Claims can take time. Stay patient and be ready to provide any additional information or evidence if asked.
What is the average payout for a car accident Glasgow?
In general, the amount of compensation you might get in a car crash in Glasgow heavily depends on the severity of your injuries. The more severe an injury, the higher the compensation; here is a list of common injuries you might suffer in a car accident and how much compensation you might get for those injuries.
- Severe: £18,020 – £45,070
- Serious: £11,980 – £18,020
- Moderate: £7,410 – £11,980
Spinal Injury (Paralysis):
- Quadriplegic: £304,630 – £379,100
- Paraplegic: £205,580 – £266,740
- Moderate: £23,460 – £36,120
- Severe: up to £139,210
- Less Severe: £18,020 – £36,770
- Serious: £36,770 – £56,180
- Severe: £90,250 – £122,860
- Moderate: £26,050 – £36,390
- Severe: £85,470 – £151,070
- Serious Jaw Fracture: £16,860 – £28,610
- Serious Cheekbone Fracture: £9,570 – £14,810
- Damaged Teeth (multiple front teeth loss or damage): £8,200 – £10,710
- Moderate: £26,050 – £36,790
- Serious: £36,790 – £51,460
- Very Serious: £51,460 – £85,600
- Severe: £90,320 – £127,530
- Moderate: £140,870 – £205,580
- Very Severe: £264,650 – £379,100
It is vital to note that the figures provided are for reference only. The definitive compensation value awarded could deviate from these estimates. For a more accurate and detailed evaluation tailored to your specific situation, we encourage you to reach out to us. Wallace Legal is here to guide you through Personal Injury Claims Car Accident Glasgow, ensuring you receive the justice and Car Accident Compensation Glasgow you deserve.
How long does a car accident claim take to settle?
Settling a Car Accident Injury Claim Glasgow can vary in duration depending on various factors. Here’s a general overview:
- Complexity of the Case: Simple cases, where liability is clear and injuries are minor, can be settled in a few months. However, if liability is disputed, or if injuries are severe and require extensive medical treatment, the claim can take longer, possibly even years.
- Medical Treatment Duration: It’s advisable to wait until you have completed your medical treatment or reached a point of ‘maximum medical improvement’ before settling. This ensures that all medical costs and the full extent of injuries are accounted for in the claim.
- Investigation: Sometimes, further investigation into the accident might be necessary. This can include gathering witness statements, reviewing camera footage, or reconstructing the accident scene. These investigations can add time to the claim process.
- Negotiations: Once evidence is gathered and a claim value is determined, negotiations with the insurance company commence. Some insurance companies might offer a fair settlement quickly, while others may take longer or even dispute the claim, necessitating further negotiations or legal actions.
- Going to Trial: If a settlement cannot be reached, the case might go to trial. This can significantly extend the duration, as court proceedings are generally lengthy.
- Administrative Processes: After a settlement is agreed upon, there’s still paperwork to be finalised. This administrative process can add weeks to the claim duration.
On average, many car accident claims are settled within a few months to a year. However, more complex cases or those that go to trial can take several years. It is always recommended to consult with a solicitor, like those at Wallace Legal, to get an estimated timeline based on the specifics of your case and to ensure that you’re adequately represented and protected throughout the claim process.
How much do solicitors charge for car accident claims in Glasgow?
The fee structure for solicitors handling car accident claims in Glasgow can vary based on the solicitor’s practice, the complexity of the case, and the agreement you enter into. Here are the common charging structures:
No Win No Fee (Conditional Fee Agreements): Many solicitors in Glasgow, including Wallace Legal, offer services on a ‘No Win, No Fee’ basis. This means that if your claim for compensation is unsuccessful, you won’t have to pay any legal fees. However, if you win, the solicitor will take a pre-agreed percentage (at most 20%) of the compensation awarded. This approach reduces financial risk for the claimant.
Fixed Fees: For simpler cases with clear-cut liability and minor injuries, some solicitors may offer a fixed fee. This is a set amount you will pay regardless of the outcome or duration of the claim.
Hourly Rates: Some solicitors charge by the hour for their services. The hourly rate can vary widely based on the solicitor’s experience and reputation. This method can become expensive if the case drags on, so it’s less commonly used for personal injury claims.
Legal Aid: In some circumstances, claimants might qualify for legal aid, which can cover some or all legal fees. However, eligibility criteria can be strict and might not always apply to personal injury claims.
After the Event (ATE) Insurance: This is an insurance policy you take out after an accident. If your claim is unsuccessful, the ATE insurance covers your legal fees and the opponent’s costs. If you win, you will have to pay the premium from your compensation.
It’s essential to discuss fees upfront with any solicitor you consider hiring. They should provide transparent information about their fee structure and any potential costs you might incur.