If you recently have gone through a major traumatic event, you must be scrolling down a list of Personal injury lawyers. That is because when someone suffers at the hand of another person, they feel the need to get at least some sort of compensation for their loss.
Fortunately, it is possible to get your compensation loss, however, it is a legal process and thus it requires a professional lawyer who could support and prove their claim before a jury.
Unfortunately every year in Glasgow, scores of people find themselves in need of Personal injury lawyers in Glasgow. Since there are so many types of accidents that fall under the category of personal injury, lawyers who specialise in this field constantly see a plethora of different cases in personal injury.
To put it in short, situations that potentially lead to personal injury cases are more commonplace than any of us would like them to be.
If you too have been victimised recently and felt the need to hire a personal injury lawyer, or if you just wish to educate yourself so you can protect yourself in future, this blog is for you. Here we would be talking about the criteria that you ought to follow while looking for the best personal injury lawyer.
So look for the following traits and get a lawyer that truly has the best interests for you.
One essential trait that draws a fine line between a good and bad lawyer is empathy. A good lawyer does not necessarily have to feel sorry about you, but they must understand what you are going through and where you might be coming from.
The right personal injury lawyer is constantly an active listener and they always keep engaged with everything you have to say. So, talking to them would not make you feel guilty or ignored.
When you speak they must listen not just through their ears but also by their hearts, now you might wonder how can you know if your lawyer is empathizing with you or not. Do not worry, for here a few things that only a good listener is capable of doing:
- No matter how difficult it is for you to lay your mind bare before them, a good lawyer would always make sure you feel secure. They would let you have your time and would not judge you by anything.
- When you are speaking, they are all a distraction from them. So every time you are speaking to them, you would see them listening to you and not scrolling on their phone or typing on their laptop. They would be focused on what you have to say and they would also make sure to make appropriate eye contact with you.
- They do not just hear your words, but they also observe and read your facial expressions and your body language.
- They always capture key points in such a way that sometimes you would wonder, how you missed them or failed to notice.
- They would ask you questions but only in an inquisitive way. Therefore answering their questions would never make you feel as though you are sitting in an interrogation room.
2. They are super responsive
A personal injury lawyer is not your counsellor or friend and they would let you know that in a very effective way. You would not find them repeatedly nodding or agreeing to you, however, they would respond to everything you tell them. Based on every detail you have given they would strategize a plan or a course of action that is most befitting for your case.
3. They are quite thorough
Since creating a case for civil litigation involves collecting as much relevant information as possible. Now, this may involve everything, from police reports, medical tests, store incident reports, videos, pictures etc. Considering the load of work, only a good personal injury lawyer would put this much effort to secure compensation for you.
4. They are assertive
Assertiveness is the core communication skills, especially when it comes to intricate legalities. If a personal injury lawyer is assertive, it means that they would express themselves effectively and they would keep standing up for their point. So if your lawyer seems assertive, you should be glad because it means that they would be able to support your claim much better before a jury.
We acknowledge the trauma you have gone through and we hope this blog would help you find the best personal injury lawyer.