Dog Bite Compensation Claims
If you have been bitten by a dog we can help you claim the compensation that you deserve, call us today for a quick assessment of your claim
Claim Compensation For Your Dog Bite Injuries
The United Kingdom is known for its love for animals. In fact, twenty-six per cent of all pet owners are dog owners. While dogs are known for their loyalty, friendliness and natural charm, they can sometimes attack.
Dogs can be a reason for numerous injuries, including bites, scratches, cuts, bruises and more. The damage that results from the dog may lead to scarring, tissue damage, broken bones, nerve injuries, potential disability, puncture wounds, along with psychological trauma. Taking this into account, most people submit dog bite claims in Scotland.
What are Dog Bite Claims?
Dog owners have a responsibility to manage the behaviour of their dogs. If you have been bitten or attacked by a dog and can prove the owner was responsible by not taking reasonable care, you may be able to make a dog bite claim. Dog bite claims provide you with compensation for your injuries. These injuries can be both physical and psychological. However, in the case of the latter, you may require a formal report created by a mental health professional.
Schedule A Free Consultation
At Wallace Legal, we have a team of highly trained solicitors offering legal assistance with dog bite claims. Here are a few steps you can take before submitting a dog bite claim:
- Inform the pet owner and exchange phone numbers.
- Visit a hospital. Be sure to keep a copy of all your medical reports.
- Submit a police report.
- Collect photo evidence of your injuries.
- Contact the experts at Wallace Legal, so our team can handle the legalities of the case.
Different Types Of Dog Bite Injuries
Dog bites are extremely traumatising and painful. These injuries can have a serious impact on your life. Some of the common injuries that result from dog bites are:
- Tissue or muscle damage
- Permanent and vivid scars
- Damaged or broken bones
- Temporary, and in some cases, permanent disability or disfigurement
- Serious infections
- Mental distress and psychological trauma
How To Submit A Dog Bite Claim
If you’re ever attacked by a dog, make sure you do all the following to win your compensation claim:
- Seek medical treatment at your earliest
- Find and inform the dog owner about the incident and get all their contact details along with insurance details- if they have any
- Get in touch with the Police department
- Take several pictures of your injuries
- Immediately connect with our professional dog bite claim solicitors. We will respond to your application as soon as we receive it, and will let you know the time your claim process will take along with the compensation money you are entitled to. We have employed the best team of lawyers to ensure your compensation claim is not compromised.
Wallace Legal extends a No Win No Fee policy to ensure that you are provided with professional representation before submitting your claim. Under this agreement, you do not have to pay the legal fee if your case is not successful. With that said, the team at Wallace Legal have earned a high success rate. Contact us today to submit a dog bite claim.
Our Valued Clients
Wallace Legal is a client-centric firm. We prioritise the needs of our clients making sure that your case is handled with extreme diligence and care. Our objective is to comprehensively study the nature of every claim, ensuring you receive maximum compensation.
Lexie MurrayAmazing service from Wallace Legal, thank you for helping me and my family with our accident, you're the best!
John RobertGreat Service and friendly staff. Thank you all for your service and providing me with my Courtesy vehicle .
I was involved in an accident involving my Audi Q7, quick search on google and Wallace Legal came up first, gave them a call after calling my insurance company, answered straight away no waiting around, very professional and informed, reassuring me , and most of all delivered exactly what they said they would. Received a like for like replacement Range Rover within 12 hours! That's my next car now. Received my beloved Q7 looking brand new within 2 weeks, polished, valeted and repaired, no excess to pay, and they settled my personal injury claim as well all within 5 months, that also included private physio, cant thank you guys enough. These guys actually care!! and will always be there when you need them. For sure I will be recommending you to all friends and family!Sarah McNulty