Many times we find ourselves in situations that leave us absolutely confused and we have no idea what to do about them. One of the similar situations is when we get involved in a taxi accident. These things do not happen every day and no one has ever taught us what to do in situations like these. At that moment, we end making some bad decisions which we regret for a long time. Here is a list of every question one might ask in the middle of a taxi accident. This guide will help you a lot if you, unfortunately, get caught in such a situation.
Can I Submit A Claim If I Was Driving?
Although taxi drivers are quite experts on driving and they have a great sense of road and traffic, accidents can happen to anyone. For a taxi driver who makes a living from that, the consequences of an accident can be rather devastating. If the accident was not your fault, you need to know your right and with the right set of legal assistance you can:
- Have your car repaired and get back to work as soon as possible
- In case the damages are too big to be taken care of in a short time, you can get a temporary replacement vehicle
- If you faced any injuries then you can get medical treatment to recover quickly and get make on your feet
- Make car accident injury claims and get compensated for not just your injuries but your loss of income as well.
Can I Make A Claim If I Was A Passenger?
As a passenger, it is evident that you did not play any role in the causes of the accident. If you were injured while travelling in a taxi and the accident took place due to the negligence of another vehicle, you are totally eligible to make a claim. Your claim would then be against the opposing vehicle that collided with yours.
In case your taxi driver was at fault, then you would make a claim against them and their cab company. This ruling also applies to car-hailing services like Uber.
Whom Do I Make A Claim Against?
It must occur to you whether you should make a claim against the taxi driver or their company if you were injured in a taxi accident. It varies depending on the circumstances such as:
- If the taxi driver was driving without following the rules of road and traffic, then the claim would be made against them
- If another driver crashed into the taxi and caused the accident, then they would be responsible for the claim
- In case the accident took place due to an ill-maintained road then the claim would be against the local authorities responsible for the maintenance
- If it was a malfunctioned vehicle that caused the accident then the claim would be against either the manufacturer or the cab company.
In this situation, your lawyer can help you figure out who to make the claim against.
How Much Compensation Will I Get?
The amount of compensation that you could get after the accident depends on various factors and the circumstances of your case. Your lawyer will give you an estimated amount depending on:
- Severity of injuries
- Cost of vehicle repairs
- Loss of income
- Medical bills
- Value of the vehicle if completely destroyed
- Hire charges
Your solicitor will make sure that you get fairly compensated and receive an adequate amount. You must not rush and settle for less. If you make any hasty decisions, you will have regrets in the future. So just trust your lawyer to get the best deal for you.
If you are caught in the middle of a traffic accident, Wallace Legal can help you make personal injury claims or car accident claims. If you were a victim in the accident, chances are that the opposing party will offer you compensation. You must not accept that without speaking to a reliable solicitor first. We can help you guide better in this regard and take care of your well-being.